Friday, October 8, 2010

Naama Kates Featured in the Soho Journal

Our very own Naama Kates is featured in the Soho Journal this month. Physical copies will hit the streets in December.

The article features more of Naama's very eloquent, honest and personal writing. She talks briefly about Cookies & Cream and announces the titles for her next collaboration with director Princeton Holt, as well as for her debut album:



"There are no stars in Hollywood.

I live in Hollywood. You can call it Los Feliz, or Silverlake, or Little Armenia but it's Hollywood. It’s only a couple miles from the Walk of Fame, you know, with all the stars and the handprints and Graumman's Chinese Theatre.

And I am a big fan of celestial bodies— stargazing and such. I can name a lot of the constellations, especially in the winter skies.

And here I am, looking up at the smoggy and light polluted sky of my new home, and I see zilch.

I think most of the heavenly bodies in this town are busy at this hour, probably on the West Side surrounded by psychic noise and floating promises. They’re sidling up to self-proclaimed producers, cleavage out, and four overpriced Belvedere cranberries in.

Sigh.

I moved out here with a lot of stars in my eyes, and quite frankly, a lot of smoke up my ass. My management team, actually reputable representation, was riding on the "momentum" of a great gig, a two-episode arc on an unfathomably popular network TV show. I wanted change. I wanted the ocean. I thought I wanted stardom, at any cost, and left behind everything I couldn't fit into my newly bought blue clunker. Fact: nobody else fit in there."

Read the rest of her piece HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment