Friday, March 26, 2010

The Casting Couch


The Angry Redheaded Lawyer blog has a great new piece from our very own Monica Trombley about the casting couch. For those that think this issue is just folklore, think again. Here it is after the jump:

"We all know about the casting couch: sleep w/me & I'll make you a star. It's a huge part of the movie "Chicago" & the stories are legendary. Seems like you'd better put out to be a success, right?

How many people do you think I slept with to get where I am? Come on, guess. Two, ten, one? Give up?

ZERO. Seriously, zero. I got where I am based on being a professional, good at my job & people believing in my abilities. I'm also not the only person who can say that. Plenty of people have gotten somewhere without having to sleep with anyone.

An actress I know from the film company who's already awesome impressed me even more when she proclaimed on her Facebook that she would NEVER sleep with people to get to the top. Jace Nicole is the sort of actress that you should feel honored to be compared to: aside from being a great actress & conducting herself as a professional in all my dealings w/her, she has integrity. Integrity is important to me & I respect anyone who has it. Showing me you have it makes you go up even more notches in my book."

More of this rant HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment