Friday, January 18, 2013

Making of "Grattis"


-By Serge Birault









Here's a picture I did for the birthday of my favorite model, Fuchsia Gibson.

She's a big fan of SF movies and series ... and unicorns (and cupcakes). The sentence just means "Happy Birthday" in Klingon language.






General notes :

- I have several photo references but I didn't copy one.

- I only use the soft round brush and some Ditlev brushes.

- I tried to obtain a more "flat" rendering than usual. The volumes are not right but it was the goal.









Step 1: I put the sketch on a "Multply" type layer. I choose the color of the background and my basic flesh tones. Each part is on a different layer.









Step 2 : I start to paint the darkest part of the picture, just to help me to find the good contrast.







Step 3 : I start to pain the first volumes of the face. I use the soft round brush with a low opacity, as usual.







Step 4 : I do some changes on the lights and on my skin palette.







Step 5 : I paint the ear ... I hate pain ears ^^'







Step 6 : I start the hair. On another layer, once again.







Step7 : I paint the background. I use different Ditlev brushes.







Step 8 : I fix the eyes.







Step 9 : I start the little Darth hello Kitty Vader with a Star trek uniform.








Step 10 : I add details on it.








Step 11 : I paint the flower and the balloon.








Step 12 : The flying cupcake.



You can freely downloas the Ditlev brushes packs here :

http://cghub.com/scripts/view/147

http://cghub.com/scripts/view/83/










No comments:

Post a Comment