Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Getting Started with an Airbrush


-By Dan dos Santos



After wanting one for nearly 20 years, I finally decided to buy an airbrush! I think I put it off for so long simply because I just didn't know where to start. You need a lot of stuff, and there are so many different options, that it's a bit daunting.



After days of research, I finally decided on a simple set-up that I think is a excellent balance of cost and quality, and more than capable of achieving professional results that will surpass my needs (and abilities) for the foreseeable future.



I can go on and on about why I chose this model over that. Why this is good and that isn't. What other options there are. But that is a LONG post, and I'll save it for another day.



Instead, I'm just going to show you what I got.



If any one else is interested in getting one too, but doesn't feel like doing the leg work, here is exactly what I settled on:




Compressor with Built-in Regulator, LINK






Attach to




Quick Release Fitting (Male), LINK






Attach to




Quick Release Plug (Male), LINK






Attach to




Filter/Moisture Trap, LINK






Attach to




Quick Release Fitting (Male), LINK






Attach to




Quick Release Plug (Male), LINK






Attach to




Iwata Air Hose, LINK






Attach to




Iwata Quick Release System, LINK






Attach to




Iwata HP-C Plus Airbrush, LINK






Total cost: $340



That's it. Buy this stuff, attach it in that order, and you can be airbrushing tomorrow if you wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment