Thursday, May 9, 2013

Cartoon face coloring


-By Serge Birault








Here's a small video process. A lot of people asked me for videos, so let's go ... It's just the way I work to paint a cartoon face. I only used the soft round brush, I changed the opacity of the brush very often. It's an A3 canevas, in 300 dpi.



Sorry for the crappy quality of the video but I didn't find the way to upload the videos in HD here, That's why I put the links on facebook. Choose "HD" option on the player ...



By the way, I uploaded all the videos on Vimeo here : https://vimeo.com/user18232359






Step 1 : Sketching







Quick sketch in two steps on two different layers.
















Step 2 : Lights








I choosed the background color and the light first. The sketch is on a "multiply" layer. I only use the soft round brush here ...
















Step 3 : Cleaning








I use to do very precise picture because a lot of my works have to be printed in very big size.














Step 4 : Skin texture









I use the "dry brush" (a standard brush in PS) for the skin texture ...







No comments:

Post a Comment