Friday, June 8, 2012

'The Daisy', Step 1 : The Sketch

-By Serge Birault


About digital sketching:



Here's the reasons why I do my sketches on computer:

- Symmetry. You can flip your picture very easily.

- You can erase without problem.

- You don't kill trees. Think about all the sketchbooks you already bought :)

- You can change your composition.

- You can do a messy sketch and clean it on the same file, just work on several layers.

- You don't have to buy an A3 scanner.

- Your cat cannot lay on it !

- You can use vector tools for geometric shapes.


Tools:



Jan Ditlev Christensen created fantastic brushes for sketching. You can download the full pack here: http://cghub.com/scripts/view/83/






This brush is really great 


I usually don't work with grayscale, and I used to do only messy sketches, but let's try …






The girl, the robot and the background are on 3 different layers.




I didn't think a lot about the composition but it seems it works well.




The daisy is now a light. The composition is more interesting like that.




I will probably add details later … Step 2 : Painting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment