Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Greg Manchess Workshop, November 2013








Just when you thought you'd had enough of me, I thought I'd announce my workshop this November 15, 16, 17, with Tara Chang of TLC Workshops.



Turns out we had a couple cancelations so I thought I'd let everyone know there are two spaces left!



This is a 3 day weekend workshop where we study ideas through generating copious amounts of thumbnail sketches. Refining, changing, enhancing our ideas through much, much drawing, and finally developing a large loose sketch, based on the previous explorative sketches, to take home for a finished painting.



Fundamentals of composition, value, and picture design are stressed throughout.



This is where we discover who we are: marks on paper, with the barest minimum of lines, until we flesh out and flush out an idea that lingers just beneath our awareness.



Much frustration and head-scratching ensues while we struggle to do our best, but we haven't had a student yet that hasn't come away with an epiphany or two about their work. And lots of fun in the discovery process.



Come with no fear...you're in good hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment