Monday, August 8, 2011

St. George Final


By Justin Gerard

















As some of you may recall, I planned to tackle one of these two final St. George pieces in oil.  This was the piece I chose. 












Oil Underpainting










Things started off really well. But after finishing the underpainting, I ran into some minor health issues...  












Side effects may include...










And I turned into a monster and ate my neighbors.


  


Apparently my problem is that I cannot seem to manage to paint what I want without solvents and solvents just don't agree with me. 


So, while I sit here filing down my fangs and waiting for the manufacturers to solve this problem,  I tackled this piece digitally, in the same manner as the previous St. George painting.  












Digital Underpainting











St. George #10


12 x 16


Pencil and Digital




No comments:

Post a Comment