Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Whatever Works for Tribeca, works for me.



Woody Allen's new comedy "Whatever Works", starring Larry David, is slated to premiere at this years Tribeca Film Festival.

Here's the IMDB page:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1178663/

I've only heard brief descriptions of the film--"Unique comedy" and "Blackish Comedy"...so of course I'm intrigued. Woody's comedies have such range. Sleeper was genious!

Regarding the Tribeca Premiere, Woody Allen said he is "A lovely idea of showing my film in a film festival in my own city. It's very exciting." I'm sure that was followed by something like (and I'm paraphrasing) "So I can get home early enough to catch the game".

As far as we are concerned, any Woody Allen movie with Evan Rachel Wood and Larry David, is going to be wonderful and I think tickets should be ordered promptly.

There's always the funny debate about who in the One Way family has seen which Woody Allen films on the big screen. I (Ryan) win for the last three new ones and Princeton wins 'cause he saw Stardust Memories in theaters somewhere in boston...not in 1980 of course. Although, with our age gap, it wouldn't surprise me. Ha.

So be on the look out for "Whatever Works" ...cause Larry David and Woody Allen together, is like an Ice Cream Sundae in April....Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment