Friday, March 6, 2009

World Premiere of "Making 'Cookies & Cream'"!

An honest note about “Making ‘Cookies & Cream’”

March 31, 2008



"One of the subjects of my first documentary (now cut up into episodes) was obsessed about making his movie. I mean, this guy desperately wanted to direct his first feature film. I always remembered that. That’s all he would talk about. He had his reasons. One has to know the ins and outs of the film industry to fully appreciate what an accomplishment like making your first feature film means and why it is so important. He had something to prove to his investors for upcoming projects he has in development. He had something to prove to himself. It meant more to him than I had ever seen it mean to anyone I had met. And he was burning with passion and determination about it.

I made a ton of mistakes co-producing this film for him. Most that I can never take back. So did he. So did some of the actors. So did some of the crew. Making a film for peanuts doesn’t always get you peanut butter. But we all learned from them. Hopefully you can too. You may see others’ mistakes in this film. You may see mine. I also always dreamed of being a documentary filmmaker and “telling the truth.” Now’s my chance.

I have recorded the process of a child-hood dream finally becoming a reality, in spite of all of the seemingly resistant forces all around us stopping it from happening. In all my 23 years, I have never witnessed such unflinching, and at times frightening determination in a single human being in my life. I didn’t want to forget it. So I recorded it. That’s all.



What you will see is the impossible process of a dream coming true. These are episodes about that process. This is the process of a filmmaker shooting his first feature film thru rain, sleet, hail, and snow.

I truly thank you all for your interest in my exclusively-online episodes on the making of “Cookies & Cream.” As the one who shot this behind the scenes footage, I guarantee, as we get further along into them, you will NEVER believe, nor foresee what’s ahead in this process that I both witnessed and recorded."

Sincerely,

Omar Hernandez
Director / Co-Producer

(Former production assistant)




"Making 'Cookies & Cream'" - Episode 1

Making a movie is never easy. In episode 1, the filmmakers begin putting together the production team without much money in place. In order to do this, they find themselves having to attend strange events, mingle with even stranger people around the NYC area, while also trying to raise the full film's budget.

From INDEPENDENT ENTERTAINMENT, LLC comes the first in the web series from director Omar Hernandez on the making of the handicap budgeted tour de force, feature film "Cookies & Cream" - by One Way or Another Productions.

(please allow some loading time)





No comments:

Post a Comment