Saturday, December 5, 2009

So you didn't get into Sundance

Scott Macaulay over at the Filmmaker Magazine Blog, wrote a really encouraging and thought provoking post for those filmmakers that didn't get their films into Sundance this year. I think it really applies to any filmmaker, whose gotten that dreaded rejection letter from any festival. It emphasizes the DIY plan and other alternative options from commercially driven films.

So you didn’t get into Sundance….

I’m sorry.

Trust me, I feel your pain. As a producer I’ve received both the acceptance calls as well as the rejection ones. (Actually, the rejection call is sometimes not even a call, but a form email or letter.) In some cases, I’ve known that the film probably didn’t have much of a shot, although in others, the rejection came as a shock — one that threw our director and production team into a quandary over the film’s future direction.

So, what do you do if your film didn’t get into Sundance?

Read the rest of the article HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment