Thursday, February 4, 2010

Journey of an Actress - Part 5


Here is the latest installment from the writing of our good friend, Naama Kates (Cookies & Cream, My Normal) whose writings have become a monthly feature column at Rogue Cinema . Love how honest her writing always is, and the fact that she fully understands that sometimes the "Journey of an Actress" often includes moments of self-doubt. Here's a piece from it:



"My agent called me a few minutes ago with a big audition. I normally don't tell people about my auditions, or my plays, or my movies, or my music. Talking shop is boring, and so many people in this town announce their perceived triumphs long before they occur... a throw-away late night conversation, a project in its infancy, an audition, like any other, but that they're just damn sure they nailed, because they just have that inflated self-confidence, and rocket-fuel drive, and wide-eyed optimism, and downright denial that just might be beneficial, even necessary in this industry. And then those projects are never mentioned again, and nobody asks, because everybody knows it just never happened, and that's just expected, and accepted, and the proud proclaimers are not embarrassed that they've been crying wolf since you've known them."

Read the full piece HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment