Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Charlie Kaufman Considers Leaving Movies

Got an interesting link from Tambay Obenson from The Obenson Report on this story. Here is some of it below:



"Frustrated with film, Charlie Kaufman is considering a switch to the small screen. But something tells me the maverick director might need reigning in.

What do you do when your directorial debut struggles to find a distributor, then finds it even harder to secure an audience in your native land? If your name is Charlie Kaufman, you begin to consider shifting your schtick to the small screen.

The Oscar-nominated screenwriter-turned-director, whose new film Synecdoche, New York finally stumbled into UK cinemas on Friday, after a year in which it confused the critics at Cannes and disappeared without trace at the US box office, is reportedly mulling a move into TV. "I am seriously considering it," he told the London Paper last week. "I would want my own show. I like the idea of telling something over time. It might be a fun challenge. The movie business has changed, and with the stuff I do, it would be an interesting place to go."
Full Story HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment