Thursday, October 1, 2009

"Washington Cats"

Our friend Ron Moore has an exciting new book out now called "Washington Cats." Check out more about it below the jump:



Ron Moore is a freelance writer living in Silver Spring, Maryland with decades of service in the grassroots community as a local union president, union organizer, national AFL-CIO staff, and writer for the A. Philip Randolph Institute. You can check out some of his highly informed, inspired and at times inspirational writing at The Examiner HERE.

"The words you are about to read reflect a period from Washington Cats forward seventeen months. It began with my just-ended period of involuntary unemployment and despair, thanks to my termination by the Department of Homeland Security for my union activities. It was an extreme time, but one that I look back upon now as the end of the end of the beginning of nothing. Now that I have reached nothing, all I can do is write, and when all you can do is write, you create with nothing left to lose. That is the beginning of art."

- Ron

ORDER HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment